Importing Oracle Sales Cloud data into Mapview is an important step to getting started. Your Oracle Sales Cloud administrator will have configured the types of data you can import into Mapview.
Mapview also allows both administrators and end-users to create filters (also known as views) in order to import specific Oracle Sales Cloud data. This allows you to target different types of data by type, geography, industry, etc. You can import multiple filter views into Mapview. Each view will be distinguished on the map with a unique pin. To learn more about the filter creation process please reference the Mapview Gateway – User Guide or the Mapview Gateway – Admin Guide as appropriate.
How to import Oracle Sales Cloud data
- Sign into Mapview for Oracle Sales Cloud
- Open the main menu and tap 'Oracle Sales Cloud'
- On the window that pops up, you will see the different data types your Oracle Admin has configured for Mapview. Here, tap the object you would like to import.
- Next, you will see any filter views that either you or your admin have created with this object. You can choose to import a specific view or you can simply tap 'All Records' to import all records.
- On the next screen, you will see the list of records that will be imported. If all looks good, just tap 'Import'.
The data will now appear in Mapview and each object will be distinguished on the map with a unique pin. If your data is not importing, please make sure the number of records you are trying to import is less than 2,000. If you have over 2,000 records, use filter views to break up the data.
If you have any questions contact us here.