Importing Salesforce data into Mapview is an important step to getting started. Your Salesforce administrator will have configured the types of data you can import into Mapview.
Mapview also allows you to import specific views you have created in Salesforce. This allows you to target different types of data by type, geography, industry etc. You can import multiple views into Mapview. Each view will be distinguished on the map with a custom pin.
How to import Salesforce data
- Sign into Mapview for Salesforce
- Open the main menu and tap 'Salesforce'
- On the window that pops up, you will see the different data types your Salesforce Admin has configured for Mapview. Here, tap the object you would like to import.
- Next, you will see all the views you have associated with this object. You can choose to import a specific view or you can just tap 'All' to import all records.
- On the next screen, you will see the list of records that will be imported. If all looks good, just tap 'Import'.
The data will now appear in Mapview and each object will be distinguished on the map with a custom pin. If your data is not importing, please make sure the number of records you are trying to import is less than 2,000. If you have over 2,000 records, use views to break up the data.
If you have any questions please contact us here.