Mapview’s Advanced Search feature allows for a quick and easy way to search and select contact records based on a field value. It is the perfect tool for creating custom groups based on data such as zip code, city, etc. The Advanced Search feature can be helpful when:
1. Searching your List by Name (Circle, Mapview, Filtered, and All) Using Advanced Search you can search your List by Name for a specific field value (ex. Philadelphia) and see all of the records matching your search. If you are in the Filtered, Mapview, or Circle view lists, an advanced search will search only the records listed in those views.
2. Creating and editing custom groups During the “Assign Contacts” step of creating a custom group, you can now enter an advanced search to help group your data. For example, you could create an advanced search on zip code 07054 and then see the list of all records with that zip code and either “select all” or tap on individual records to add them to you group. You can use this same process if you wish to edit a current custom group by tapping the info icon next to Assign Contacts and then perform your advanced search.
3. Creating a task that requires data from an existing contact When creating a new task (Call, Email, or Meeting) under Planned Activities you will select the contact record which the task is “Related to.” In doing so, you can use the Advanced Search feature in this field to find a contact via searching a city, email address, etc.
How to use the Advanced Search feature:
To perform any of the searches above simply enter the field name in the search box followed by either one of the operators below and then the search term.
: indicates the search will return any terms that CONTAIN the term
= indicates the search will return any terms that EXACTLY MATCH the term
2. Supported field names
• street • city • state • zip • country • phone • email • website • company • note • info
3. Usage Examples
To search for companies with “Hospital” in their name:
- Tap List By Name
- In the search field enter “Company:hospital”
To create a group for contacts that are in Los Angeles:
- Tap Filters
- Tap the “+” to create a new custom group
- Enter the group name
- Tap Assign Pin to select a pin style and color
- Tap Assign Contacts
- In the search box enter “city=los angeles”
- Then either choose Select All or choose the specific groups members you wish by tapping on them
- Tap Done
Other search examples:
• To search for contacts with city that MATCHES "Parsippany-Troy Hills" city=Parsippany-Troy Hills
• To search for contacts with emails that CONTAINS "TheCaseyGroup" email:thecaseygroup
• To search for contacts with email that MATCHES email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Users who utilize custom fields within the Spreadsheet Import process and users of the Mapview for Salesforce CRM app can also use the field name “info” for searches as noted below:
• To search for contacts with custom field (spreadsheet import) or information field (Salesforce.com integrated objects) named "Industry" that CONTAINS "Tech" info:industry:tech
• To search for contacts with custom field(spreadsheet import) or information field (Salesforce.com objects) with ANY (field)name that CONTAINS "Partner" info:partner