Mapview's export feature makes it easy to share data with colleagues or create funnel reports with your data. You can export two different types of data: contacts and activity.
Exporting Contact Data
Access the export function by selecting 'List by Name' from the Mapview menu.
First, decide which contacts you wish to export. Some options are below:
• All contacts - Simply tap the option 'All' from the top column header under 'List by Name.'
• A group or groups of contacts - From the 'Filters' menu option make sure you have the same groups/filters selected for viewing on your map that you wish to export. Then, you can go back to 'List by Name' and select the 'Filters' option from the column header.
• Contacts appearing in your circe view - Adjust the circle view accordingly on your map and then select 'Circle View' under 'List by Name'.
• Contacts appearing in your map view - Adjust the map zoom level accordingly on your map and then select 'Map View' under 'List by Name'.
• Contacts that fit a certain Advanced Search criteria - Under 'List by Name' enter the search criteria in the 'Search' field. For example, if you want to only export your contacts from zip code 12345, in the Search field enter 'Zip:1234' to pull the appropriate list. Reference our article on Advanced Search to learn more about this feature.
Next, Tap the share icon found in the upper right corner of the screen and select all of the fields that you wish to export, including your basic contact record fields, Group membership fields, and custom fields.
Once you have made your selections simply tap “Export” to proceed with creating your CSV file. You will be asked to pick what action you wish to take with the file: save it to a program on your device, email it to yourself, etc. For example, if you choose your email program the CSV will be attached to an email that you can send to yourself or a colleague.
Access the export function by selecting 'Planned Activities' or 'Recent Activity' from the Mapview menu and tap the Share icon found in the upper right corner of the screen.
Now you can customize which activities you wish to export. As you set filters, you can see the output results listed at the bottom of your screen and a record count in the top right corner. As you make changes to your filters please remember to tap 'Apply'.
You can set filters for your activities as follows:
• Filter by Type - All activity types (Call, Email, Meeting/Visit, Event, and Other) will be automatically included. Tap any to remove them from your upload. If they have a green check mark they will be included.
• Filter by Status - All status types (Not Started, Started, On Hold, and Complete) will be automatically included. Tap any to remove them from your upload. If they have a green check mark they will be included.
• Filter by Tag - Tags can be used to categorize or add additional information to activities. For example, I may want to tag certain activities that are related to my January Callback Campaign. I can create a tag and attach it to related activity records. Or I may use a tag to categorize activities related to my invitations to a Customer Advisory Event.
To create a new tag from the activity set up page tap 'Tag' and then 'Add New' and enter your tag text and tap 'Return'. Once created, all tags will show up as options when the tag field is selected. Simply tap on our off the tag to apply it or remove it from the Activity. Tap Done to return to the Activity record.
• Filter by Date - Initially, the date will be set to the selected date range on the main menu. To set a filter for another date or a range of dates tap 'Filter by Date'. Then, tap 'Start Date' and select the associated start date. Do the same for 'End Date' and then tap 'Apply'.
When you have completed setting up your custom filters simply tap 'Export' to proceed with creating your CSV file. You will be asked to pick what action you wish to take with the file: save it to a program on your device, email it to yourself, etc.
If you have any questions, please submit a request to our support team here.